- 1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup Lump crabmeat (about 5 oz)
- 8 ounces Spinach, chopped frozen (forgot to completely thaw and squeeze dry)
- 1⁄2 cup small scallops, (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup Half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place half the cheese in the unbaked pie shell. Layer with crabmeat, spinach, and shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, lightly. Beat in remaining ingredients; pour over seafood and cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 300. Bake another 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
This was basically the recipe I was trying to follow but had to bake an additional 30 minutes and it was still not quite done.
I “tried” to make it first by only following one of the recipes and I think the “Oil” turned out to be too much. So I went out looking for more recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
This should make 10~12 pancakes (~3″ diameter) – which is just a bit more than enough for about 4.