We had quite a bit of bread edges and ends that was a bit too much even for all the geese in our neighborhood.
It’s still bread so the first thing that popped in my mind was “French Toast”, but the savory kind, i.e., “Bombay Toast”.
- 5 Eggs
- Bread Edges from about a loaf and a half
- A small handful of cilantro
- 1 purple onion
- 2 Serrano pepper
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup Lump crabmeat (about 5 oz)
- 8 ounces Spinach, chopped frozen (forgot to completely thaw and squeeze dry)
- 1⁄2 cup small scallops, (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup Half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place half the cheese in the unbaked pie shell. Layer with crabmeat, spinach, and shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, lightly. Beat in remaining ingredients; pour over seafood and cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 300. Bake another 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
This was basically the recipe I was trying to follow but had to bake an additional 30 minutes and it was still not quite done.