2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. instant coffee
2 tbsp. cold water
Ice, for serving
Milk, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, coffee, and water. Vigorously whisk until mixture turns silky smooth and shiny, then continue whisking until it thickens and holds its lofty, foamy shape.
Fill a glass most of the way full with ice and milk, then dollop and swirl the whipped coffee mixture on top, mixing before drinking, if desired.
Been hearing about this new technology more and more lately. And nothing but great things too.
We had quite a bit of bread edges and ends that was a bit too much even for all the geese in our neighborhood.
It’s still bread so the first thing that popped in my mind was “French Toast”, but the savory kind, i.e., “Bombay Toast”.
- 5 Eggs
- Bread Edges from about a loaf and a half
- A small handful of cilantro
- 1 purple onion
- 2 Serrano pepper
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup Lump crabmeat (about 5 oz)
- 8 ounces Spinach, chopped frozen (forgot to completely thaw and squeeze dry)
- 1⁄2 cup small scallops, (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup Half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place half the cheese in the unbaked pie shell. Layer with crabmeat, spinach, and shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, lightly. Beat in remaining ingredients; pour over seafood and cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 300. Bake another 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
This was basically the recipe I was trying to follow but had to bake an additional 30 minutes and it was still not quite done.
I just learned about Jonathan Gold as I was driving to work. What I heard obviously had an affect on me – why else would I be writing this soon as I got to my desk.
My, not in the Austin / Central TX area, restaurant wishlist
- Chicago, IL
- Main Stop – 715 S Main St, Lombard, Illinois 60148, Phone (630) 620-9075
- Dallas / Fort Worth, TX
- Grand Cafe – 1887 N Plano Road, Richardson TX 75081
- Houston, TX
- Seattle, WA
Some random pix of thanx giving we have celebrated.